Sunday, December 8, 2013

Home is where the heart is

 

For the first time in 6 years I got to visit my family back home in Minneapolis for Thanksgiving. I usually go for Christmas or New Years but this Thanksgiving was extra special because my oldest sister dropped the news that she would be visiting from Laos! It was a no-brainer. Our entire immediate family had not been together for about 3 years since she moved back to the country. I'm proud that she's being Ms. Independent so far away from everyone.

Through out the years that I have been in LA, my home town has gone through some pretty cool changes and I wanted to do some posts from there. This location is some of the things! Of course I picked the coldest day to do this but it was still very worth it.

The item I made for this shoot is simple but it certainly served a huge purpose for this post because how chilly it was making it very appropriate. I made the studded letter beanie right there keeping my head comfy and warm! I think I will be sporting this one very often this winter especially when I'm back home again for Christmas!!! Oh my!!

Let me know if you would like a custom beanie made for you or someone special!

OUTFIT:
Beanie; my design, coat; zara, button up; can't remember for the life of me, sweater; crossroads trading, maxi dress; ross, knee highs; target, booties; love culture



















3 comments: